南京桑拿论坛 Tag Archive
Commonwealth champion M Suranjoy Singh’s mother Tampaklei Singh had dreamt of watching him strut his wares at the Olympics. But she was not destined to see her boxer son play as she died of cancer while he was fighting at the Asian Games last year.Suranjoy received the shocking news only after coming back from Guangzhou. He deeply regretted that as his mother would not be able to see him play in London next year, though he is yet to qualify for the Olympics.The 52kg-category boxer will go into the first Olympic qualifying tournament this month determined to live her mother’s dream. The World Championships start in Baku, Azerbaijan, on September 22.Suranjoy, before leaving for France to prepare for the World Championships on Friday, said: “My mother wanted to see me play in the Olympic since I was a child. Unfortunately, she is no more but I want to fulfil her dream by qualifying for the Olympics,” he told Mail Today. Suranjoy is so determined because he has gone though a tough time when the demise of mother had pushed him to despair. “My mother’s death was the lowest point in my career. I couldn’t sleep for months and used to close myself behind the doors at the National Institute of Sports in Patiala after training,” he said.The circumstances led to Suranjoy’s dwindling interest in training and his game went downhill for some time. It reflected when the boxer, who had clinched seven gold medals, including the Asian Championships and the Commonwealth Games, failed to win even a bronze at the invitational tournament in Cuba in May.advertisementSuranjoy had started imagining his Olympic dream getting shattered. He knew his mental situation would lead him nowhere. He wanted to come out of the rut, so he discussed the problem with the team’s assistant coach C Kuttaappa and a psychologist Dr Alva.They advised Suranjoy to get himself engaged in recreational activities and be more open to his teammates. He took their word as gospel truth and started training wholeheartedly.”Their advice helped me take the load off my mind and I took a resolve to take the World Championships seriously,” he said.Howsoever strong his resolve may be but his road to London is not expected to be a cakewalk.The World Championships will see the strongest ever competition, the reason being that the first of the two qualifiers – the other is in Astana, Kazathstan in April – for the Asian countries.Going by history, only one Indian boxer, Antaresh L Lakra (57kg), has so far qualified for the Olympics through a World Championships, in 2007. All others, including the 2008 bronze medallist Vijender Kumar had qualified through the second or third qualifying tournaments.Unperturbed by history, Suranjoy believe his best shot would surely earn him an Olympic berth.”There are two opportunities for the qualification and if I qualify in the first attempt, I will be tension free and my focus will entirely shift to the Olympics. But if I miss this chance I will have to wait for April and that may affect my Olympic preparations,” he said.”India has never had a glittering record at the Worlds, but let’s not ponder over the past. I believe in my potential and if I give my 100 per cent I will qualify.” Suranjoy said he might have to overcome the challenge from Chinse, Uzbek, Khazak and Philippino boxers. “They are good in my category. They are tough boxers to beat but they can be beaten if I give my best shot to live my mother’s dream,” he said.
Continue Reading Previous Infineon enables flexible wireless charging for automotive and consumer applicationsNext Excelfore and Molex streamline connectivity in automotive network platform Seiko Epson and SEGGER announced that Epson will start support and free of charge distribution of the emWin embedded GUI tool for Epson’s 32-bit flash memory embedded microcontroller S1C31D01. With emWin widely considered the industry standard GUI development system, Epson will offer an easy to use environment for display application developers.Epson has licensed emWin from SEGGER and Epson distributes the library for the S1C31D01 in object code form. Customers can use this library free of charge for the S1C31D01. Epson is planning to distribute emWin library for all of ARM Cortex-M0+ based microcontroller with a built-in memory LCD controller in the future.Epson’s S1C31D01, an ARM Cortex-M0+ based microcontroller with specific support for memory LCDs, is the world’s first microcontroller to have a built-in memory LCD controller and volume production was started in April 2017. The biggest features of the S1C31D01 are that the memory LCD controller and the power supply IC for it are integrated on this single-chip solution. Compared to other types of LCD panels, memory LCDs use very little power, so they are increasingly being used in battery-driven wearable products.emWin is designed to provide an efficient, processor and display controller independent graphical user interface for any application with a graphical display. Today’s users expect high quality interfaces and emWin allows development teams to generate clean graphics for user interfaces. emWin is compatible with single-task and multitask environments with a proprietary operating system or with any commercial RTOS.Share this:TwitterFacebookLinkedInMoreRedditTumblrPinterestWhatsAppSkypePocketTelegram Tags: Tools & Software
Australia Top 50 Australian players of 2017: 50-41 Damir Kulas @DamirKulas Last updated 1 year ago 04:39 1/11/18 FacebookTwitterRedditcopy Comments(0) Australia Talented journalist Damir Kulas ranks his top 50 Australian footballers of 2017 – starting with 50-41 50. Connor Chapman 23, Incheon United (South Korea)The former Melbourne City defender traded the A-League for the K-League last January and has not looked back since as he played a key role in helping Incheon stave off relegation.The AIS Graduate has often been deployed as a defensive midfielder and will look to Matthew Jurman’s rise to Socceroos stardom as a source of inspiration as he searches for his maiden national team cap having captained Australia at the U17 World Cup in Mexico in 2011. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Lyon treble & England heartbreak: The full story behind Lucy Bronze’s dramatic 2019 Liverpool v Man City is now the league’s biggest rivalry and the bitterness is growing Megan Rapinoe: Born & brilliant in the U.S.A. A Liverpool legend in the making: Behind Virgil van Dijk’s remarkable rise to world’s best player 43. Michael Zullo 29, Sydney FCAlthough beginning his career further forward, the former Utrecht winger has been converted into a left-back in the past few years and is currently the domestic competition’s best full-back.One of Graham Arnold’s most trusted lieutenants, he could find himself back in the national-team shirt should the Sydney FC supremo be named as the next Socceroos boss. 46. Dimitri Petratos 25, Brisbane Roar, Ulsan Hyundai (South Korea) & Newcastle JetsCurrently one of the A-League’s most in-form players, the wide forward began the year with a bang with his rocket of a free-kick for the Roar being one of the goals of the season.A move to Korea saw him struggle to stamp down a starting spot, being largely restricted to appearances in the ACL.A return to the A-League has seen the former Sydney FC attacker play a lead role in the Jets resurgence up the table under the tutelage of Ernie Merrick.45. Mitchell Duke 26, Shimizu S-Pulse (Japan)Duke left the A-League three years ago as a striker but now primarily features on the wing in the J-League.He has helped Shimizu consolidate their top-flight status in a season which marked their return to the Japanese top tier.His last Socceroo cap came over four years ago but like Petratos is considered to be somewhat of a bolter for a spot on the plane to Russia. 49. Tommy Oar 26, Brisbane Roar & APOEL (Cyprus)A mixed year for the winger who has fallen off the Socceroos radar since the beginning of the 2018 World Cup qualification campaign.Oar returned to form in the A-League with the Roar before rejecting offers from Asia in favour of a move to Cypriot giants APOEL.Life in Nicosia began well with Oar playing a part in their qualification for the Champions’ League group stage only to be left out of the squad by the new manager and has appeared sporadically in the league since.48. Dylan McGowan 26, Adelaide United & Pacos de Ferreira (Portugal)The centre-back hit form towards the tail end of the campaign in which he finished as Adelaide’s top goal scorer in the league.A Socceroos debut against Brazil at the MCG and place on the plane to Russia for the Confederations Cup followed, however the younger brother of Ryan has not kicked on as expected since moving to Portugal, having seen no game time in the league so far this term.A search for game time prompted his recent loan move to K-League side Gangwon. 44. Nick Ansell 23, Melbourne Victory & Tondela (Portugal)The A-League Championship winner played a key part in Victory’s march to the Grand Final only for spot-kicks to deny his side a record fourth A-League triumph.Surprisingly he left the club after to pursue opportunities overseas and ultimately joined Portuguese Liga outfit Tondela.The ex-Olyroo is teammates at the club with former Wellington Phoenix forward Tyler Boyd and started the club’s away league fixture against giants Sporting in October. 47. Jason Davidson 26, Groningen (Netherlands) & Rijeka (Croatia)Loaned out to Eredivisie side Groningen having seen little game time under David Wagner at Huddersfield Town, the former West Brom defender was an ever-present starter in the final ten league fixtures of the season.Unwanted in West Yorkshire, he moved to the Adriatic Coast by signing for Croatian champions Rijeka but is yet to feature for Matjaz Kek’s team in the league.2017 has also seen Davidson fall out of the Socceroos picture. 42. Brad Smith 23, Bournemouth (England)A frustrating year for the ex-Liverpool full-back who failed to see many minutes for Bournemouth with Charlie Daniels holding down his place at left-back.The lack of game time at club level appeared to hamper his Socceroos form with Smith’s starting spot in the national team XI constantly in question.He missed the Confederations Cup through injury with an ongoing hip complaint.41. Mark Birighitti 26, Swansea City (Wales) & NAC Breda (Netherlands)The former Newcastle Jets shot-stopper is making strides in Europe having spent the 2016-17 campaign as Swansea’s fourth-choice goalkeeper.Nonetheless his time at the Liberty Stadium proved to be an essential learning curve prior to his move to Eredivisie side NAC Breda.He currently commands the first-choice spot for the promoted Breda, who find themselves hovering above the relegation zone. Damir Kulas’ top 50 Australian players of 2017 will resume on Friday with 40-31.You can provide feedback to the list via @DamirKulas on Twitter.
Eveton boss Silva says McCarthy fully fit and readyby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveEverton midfielder James McCarthy is on the brink of a playing comeback after 11 months on the sidelines.Now fully recovered from a broken leg injury, McCarthy was involved with the squad for the visit of Newcastle earlier this month but did not make the bench.But with four matches in 212-and-a-half hours – the shortest time of all Premier League sides – from Boxing Day to New Year’s Day, he could be called upon.”James is progressing. He is getting better,” manager Marco Silva told evertontv when asked about his midfield options.”It is good to have all of them available. We will need all of them. It will be important in a busy month.”We have some games really close to each other, there is not the normal time to recover between games.”It is a matter of decisions. What I want is them working hard to be ready when the chance comes again.”I know games will give him a better condition, but we are playing tough, tough matches and it is not easy to give him what everybody knows will help him get better, which is minutes in those games.”But he is a worker and I really like him. He works really hard every day to achieve the best physical condition. He enjoys what he is doing.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Arsenal determined to find taker for Mesut Ozilby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveArsenal remain determined to find a taker for Mesut Ozil.The Sun says the Gunners are now considering offloading him in January and will contribute to his monster wages, much like Manchester United with Alexis Sanchez.United are thought to be paying £425,000 of the Chilean’s £505,00-a-week wages while he is at Inter Milan.Unai Emery has rarely used Ozil during his time at the Emirates.And the former Real Madrid star has started just one game in the Premier League this season – playing 71 minutes of the 2-2 draw with Watford.Emery had appeared set on flogging Ozil over the summer – either permanently or on loan.Turkish giants Fenerbahce expressed interest in taking the midfielder, but couldn’t come close to affording his outrageous wage demands.
England performance just the start for Chelsea whizkid Hudson-Odoiby Ansser Sadiq8 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveChelsea winger Callum Hudson-Odoi promises that he can show much more quality in the coming weeks and months.Fans were delighted with his performance for the England under-21s in their 5-1 win against Austria.He scored a great brace and was a threat throughout the game.And the youngster thinks that he is just getting up to speed after fully recovering from the Achilles injury he suffered in April.”I thought to myself as soon as I come back that I just need to get up to speed and get my fitness back,” he told reporters.”I think once that happens gradually my dribbling and everything will come back to what it was.”Now I am feeling a bit more confident to get on the ball and do my stuff. As the games go on I will get fitter, get more opportunities to dribble at players and I already feel better now.”I definitely think I can improve. I am not a perfect player. No one is a perfect player, I think that every day when I go onto a pitch I want to try my best, work hard and keep improving. I say to myself, keep going, keep working hard and hopefully more opportunities will come.”I wouldn’t say it is my pre-season, I think it is back to normal. I think when I was training it was like my pre-season getting back to fitness.”Now, I am back in the mix, training and playing. Now everything is back to normal so I need to keep working hard and hopefully get fitter.” About the authorAnsser SadiqShare the loveHave your say
Ariana Grande is returning to Manchester to headline a special One Love Manchester benefit concert on Sunday 4 June to honour and raise vital funds for the victims and families who were tragically affected by the Manchester attack after her show last week.The concert will take place at the Emirates Old Trafford Cricket Ground. General admission and hospitality tickets will be on sale through Ticketmaster from Thursday 1 June 2017 at 10:00AM BST.The concert will feature performances by stars such as Justin Bieber, Coldplay, Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus, Pharrell Williams, Usher, Take That, One Direction’s Niall Horan, and others. The concert will be broadcast on BBC Television, and on BBC Radio and Capital Radio Networks. The BBC will be the host broadcaster for international television networks. The show will also be streamed with a digital partner worldwide, to be announced soon.All net ticket proceeds of the show will go directly to the We Love Manchester Emergency Fund which was set up by the Manchester City Council in partnership with the British Red Cross, in aid of grieving families and victims of the horrific attack.Ariana is offering fans who were at the Manchester show on Monday free tickets to this benefit concert. Customers who would like to attend will need to follow this link and register before Wednesday 31 May 2017 at 4:00PM BST. Ticketmaster will be in touch via email within 36 hours of registrations with instructions on how to process your free ticket.Ariana Grande said, in an open letter posted on her social media accounts:“My heart, prayers and condolences are with the victims of the Manchester Attack and their loved ones. There is nothing I or anyone can do to take away the pain you are feeling or to make this better. However, I extend my hand and heart and everything I possibly can give to you and yours, should you want or need my help in any way.”She continued: “We will not quit or operate in fear. We won’t let this divide us. We won’t let hate win… Our response to this violence must be to come closer together, to help each other, to love more, to sing louder and to live more kindly and generously than we did before.”“Music is meant to heal us, to bring us together, to make us happy. So that is what it will continue to do for us. We will continue to honour the ones we lost, their loved ones, my fans and all affected by this tragedy. They will be on my mind and in my heart everyday and I will think of them with everything I do for the rest of my life.”The attack – which took place after Ariana’s Dangerous Woman concert at Manchester Arena on Monday 22 May – killed 22 people, seven of whom were children, and injured hundreds of others.