In anticipation of the revenues that would flow from the emerging oil and gas sector here, Government has sought the assistance of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) to provide technical assistance in capacity-building, to manage the resources.Finance Minister Winston JordanA team from that international financial institution was on Tuesday introduced to Cabinet by Finance Minister Winston Jordan. The team leader informed Cabinet that Guyana has become eligible for assistance from the IMF under a donor-funded trust fund, and the team would make an assessment of Government’s policy direction and meet with agencies and persons that would be responsible for managing the oil and gas sector, to enable it to determine the areas in which assistance could be provided.Since news of the oil find was made public, much advice intended to prevent Government from being afflicted by the “oil curse” has been pouring in, and Guyana has repeatedly been warned to be careful with the use of the revenues that would flow from this promising sector.And while it would take about three to four years before Guyana sees any money flowing from the oil reserves, Government is still to decide how it would split the revenues.Finance Minister Winston Jordan had said that while Government has planned to establish a Sovereign Wealth Fund (SWF), it is yet to determine just how the money would be utilised.
However, Polack, who was recruited last month, will have a chance to cement his place in the history of Gor Mahia should he guide the Kenyan champions past their Algerian opponents.“I am happy with the performance my players have displayed against Aigle Noir of Burundi. We opened up our opponents with two early goals and that is what killed off the game. I hope as we head to the next round we will be as clinical to make sure we qualify for the CAF Champions League group stages,” said Polack on Monday in Nairobi.Now the Kenyan champions will come up against the Algerian side with hope to break the jinx and qualify for the first time to the CAF Champions League Group Stage.Last season, Gor Mahia were eliminated from the CAF Champions League campaign in the qualifying round by Lobi Stars of Nigeria on the away goal rule after the two-legged tie ended 3-3 on aggregate.-By Xhinua Sports-0Shares0000(Visited 80 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Gor Mahia Coach Steven Pollack and scorer Lawrence Juma lift Super Cup at Kenyatta Stadium in Machakos on the 18th August, 2019. Photo/RAYMOND MAKHAYANAIROBI, Kenya, Aug 26 – Gor Mahia coach Steven Polack will be keen to guide his side to inflict some revenge on their rivals USM Alger of Algeria in the qualifying round of the Confederations of African Football (CAF) Champions League.The Algerian side defeated Gor Mahia, the Kenyan Premier League champions 2-1, in the group stage of 2018-2019 CAF Confederation Cup before going on to win the championship. The winner of the clash will advance to the group stage while the loser will enter the Confederation Cup play-off round.
“Whatever Mr. Riccio has, the police have,” Okabe said. “He’s cooperating fully and completely with the Las Vegas police department and the district attorney’s office.” Riccio planted a recording device in the hotel room where Simpson and a group of associates allegedly held up two memorabilia dealers at gunpoint Sept. 13. He then leaked audio of the incident to the celebrity gossip Web site TMZ.com. The recording and the leak led some to accuse Riccio of “setting up” Simpson. Riccio’s attorney said Saturday his client recorded the meeting because he didn’t trust one of the memorabilia dealers involved, Alfred Beardsley, and frequently recorded his dealings with him. Several hours of those recordings are now in police custody, Okabe said. “Mr. Riccio has been burned by Alfred Beardsley in the past. Whenever he dealt with him, he recorded it, for his own protection,” Okabe said, declining to describe Riccio’s past business deals with Beardsley. Both men frequently trade in Simpson memorabilia, and both have served prison time for felonies. Riccio has said he did not know Simpson would show up at the hotel with a crew of five men and did not know the men would have weapons. “This was in no way a setup,” Okabe said.160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! LAS VEGAS – A key witness has turned over hours of audio recordings in the O.J. Simpson armed robbery and kidnapping case, his lawyer said Saturday. Tom Riccio, who had arranged the meeting between Simpson and two sports memorabilia dealers in a Las Vegas hotel room, gave several recordings held at his Los Angeles home to police on Friday, Riccio’s attorney Ryan Okabe said. Okabe would not confirm what was on the recordings. A television news crew videotaped police detectives carrying black plastic bags of evidence from Riccio’s home, but detectives would not discuss the investigation. A Las Vegas police spokesman did not return a call for comment.
“‘Ello, Wood Edwood? It’s Big Sam ‘ere y’know like… I’ve been told you need to stay in the League?” pic.twitter.com/e4m3px7aKZ— Watched Toffee (@WatchedToffee) August 27, 2018 🗣️ @Coral: “Sam, you’re 100/1 to replace Mourinho”🗣️ Big Sam: “I’ll have £1 on myself!”Would Sam Allardyce be a success at #MUFC? 🤔 pic.twitter.com/3RpJXco618— The Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast (@SportsBreakfast) August 28, 2018 Sam Allardyce is the only man who can save Man U now. If he can handle El Hadji-Diouf, he can handle Pogba. Let’s do it. Big Sam, Big United. #MUNTOT— Mike Petke Appreciator (@NoHopeForSome) August 27, 2018 ‘Our Father. Who art available. Big Sam be thy be name….’. #MUFC#LFC pic.twitter.com/9XBWghSVAY— Main Stand ULTRAS (@MainStandULTRAS) August 28, 2018Big Sam is currently priced at 100/1 to replace Mourinho, and joked that he would put money on himself when told about the news on Tuesday’s Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast… Manchester United fans, it’s time! Get the kettle on and make a strong Bisto.I urge each and everyone one of you to whisper his name 3 times in the mirror and watch him appear.Sam AllardyceSam AllardyceSam Allardyce…You’re welcome!— James Stuart (@jamesstuart81) August 28, 2018 1 Mourinho has suffered the worst ever start to a season in his managerial career, after watching his side lose 3-0 at home to Tottenham on Monday night.The Portuguese coach is under big pressure in the Old Trafford hotseat and many believe his ‘third season curse’ could strike again.The odds on Mourinho becoming the first managerial casualty of the Premier League season were slashed following the defeat to Spurs with the 55-year-old now the 10/11 favourite.United currently sit 13th in the Premier League table, six points behind leaders Liverpool, after losing two of their opening three games.And rival supporters have teased that there’s only one man to save the Red Devils’ season… Sam Allardyce has responded to jokes that he could be set to replace Jose Mourinho as manager of Manchester United, telling talkSPORT: “I’ll have £1 on myself!”
THREE of Donegal’s best-known schools are to get funds for new or improved premises, the VEC said today.The Irish language school Colaiste Ailigh in Letterkenny will have funding to have a new school in place – to replace its cramped premises – by 2013.And Colaiste na Carrick’s new school works is also getting the go-ahead. The VEC has also secured funding that will also see a substantial extension being developed at Deele College in Raphoe.The CEO of the County Donegal VEC Mary Anne Kane said: “I am delighted with the outcome of our representations to secure funding.”THREE SCHOOLS TO GET FUNDS FOR NEW BUILDING WORK was last modified: October 20th, 2011 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
A kind-hearted Letterkenny girl is about to lose her long wavy locks for a very special cause.Sinead Shiels, aged 10, is about to get her biggest haircut yet in a sponsored challenge for the High Five for Conall fund.The 4th class schoolgirl was only too happy to lend a helping hand to the fundraiser for Letterkenny boy Conall Shiels and his family. The fund aims to raise €55,555 to adapt the Shiels’ family home for Conall’s high complex needs before his fifth birthday. Sinead is hoping to raise around €1,000 – and she’s well on her way to the target already!Sinead Shiels, aged 10. Northwest NewspixSinead had always wanted to do something good with her beautiful long flowing hair. She jumped at the chance to help Conall, who she knows from playing sport with his sister Cara.Her mum Lisa Shiels told Donegal Daily: “Sinead was originally growing her hair for the Rapunzel Foundation and it was just never long enough.“When I said to her why don’t we cut it for Conall she was all for it. She said ‘yeah, let’s go!’” Since then, Sinead has been stunned by the level of support for her haircut.Lisa said: “She can’t believe so many people have sponsored her, she thought it would be just family but the amount of people who have given money has been brilliant.”Sinead currently has sponsorship cards at Kernan’s Spar, Lower Main Street Letterkenny and Mr Chippie at the Station Roundabout.The big chop has been scheduled for 30th March and Sinead is delighted to know her charity challenge will benefit not just Conall, but another deserving child elsewhere.Sinead’s hair will be donated to the Little Princess Trust, a charity that makes wigs for children who have lost hair due to cancer treatment or other conditions. With two great causes benefitting from her challenge, Sinead really is a cut above the rest!Many fundraisers are taking place across Letterkenny in support of High Five For Conall, check out the campaign page on @highfiveforconall to find out more.Super Sinead losing her locks for little Conall was last modified: March 22nd, 2019 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:conall shielsHaircutHigh Five for Conallsinead shiels
Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest I don’t think too many people in the state will deny that Ohio’s planting conditions were tough. We had a mix of saturated soils and cool temperatures. We have several soil borne pathogens that love these conditions, among them is sudden death syndrome, which is caused by Fusarium virguliforme. In Ohio, this disease tends to occur with greater frequency in fields that have higher populations of soybean cyst nematode. With the environmental conditions we had earlier this spring, extensive flooding injury, I would not be surprised to see a much wider distribution of this disease in the state.The most common symptom occurring at this time, as soybeans reach growth stage R5, as they start to fill out the pods are patches of soybean with yellowing in the leaves. This yellow will expand on the leaf and the centers will turn brown or necrotic. This fungus produces a toxin as it colonizes the crown (base of the plant). The toxin moves through to the top of the plant and causes the initially yellow and then necrotic or dead areas between the veins. As the disease develops, severely affected leaves will die and drop from the plants and leave the petioles. This fungus is a very good root rotter, and if you dig a few plants and look at the roots, especially after a rain, there may be blue green growth on the top and outside of the root. These are the spores of the fungus. This fungus will survive in the affected fields in this old plant residue and as specialized fungal structures in the soil. Meaning, it’s not going anywhere.There are several very good options for management now. The first is host resistance. This will be a very good year to a) see which fields have high populations of this pathogen, but b) score the resistance of varieties. Through a check-off funded project from Ohio Soybean Council we have been able to participate in a variety trial. I have been amazed at the change or shift towards high-yielding resistant lines.Again, if you do observe SDS in your area make a note on what the resistance scores were for SDS on your varieties; that is if you can remember what variety ended up in which field.The second line of defense is seed treatment. This is best used in fields with a history of disease and susceptible varieties are planted. ILeVO is a newer product which has had very good activity towards Fusarium virguliforme.Moist, cool conditions provide and environment that is highly conducive to this disease. If we could only have the weather cooperate with our planting schedules — but this isn’t possible in Ohio. Reducing soybean cyst nematode populations is also key. There is conflicting information in the literature, but overall anything we can do to reduce the numbers of SCN in the soil will greatly help.Other diseases that cause premature dying of soybeans include: Sclerotinia stem rot, Diaporthe stem canker and brown stem rot. There are a lot of similarities among these, many of these diseases will develop necrosis in between the veins. Sclerotinia will develop a bleached stem where the infections occurred, Diaporthe will have a clear necrotic lesion on the lower stem, and brown stem rot will have chocolate brown discoloration continuously or spotty through the pith of the affected plant.
The Supreme Court on Monday declined the plea of the West Bengal BJP seeking to overturn a 2013 ban enforced by the Mamata Banerjee government on the use of loudspeakers in the State between February and March due to Class X and XII Board examinations.A Bench headed by Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi questioned the move to challenge the order.Senior advocate Mukul Rohatgi, appearing for the BJP, said that the ban was applied every year. He added that the apex court had recently allowed the party to move the State government afresh to seek permission to hold ‘rath yatra’ but without the loudspeakers, it would be of no value. The counsel said the freedom of speech and expression of the party was also an important issue and use of loudspeakers was necessary.When the Bench said children are writing their examinations and hinted at dismissing the plea, the counsel offered to withdraw it, which was allowed.
Xiaomi is working on a couple of premium phones for this year. Xiaomi CEO Lei Jun on Tuesday hinted that the company may be launching the Mi Max 2 successor aka Mi Max 3 in July. Alongside the Mi Max 3, Mi Mix 3 is also in works, suggest rumours. A new report reveals that Xiaomi may launch the Mi Mix 3 in September, almost at the same time when Google is expected to launch this year’s Pixel phones, which are most likely going to be the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL. To recollect, Mi Mix 2 was also launched in September last year.A new image of the revealing the design of the Mi Mix 3 has been leaked. Previous rumours suggested that the Mi Mix 3 will be the first phone from Xiaomi to come with pop-up selfie camera like the Vivo NEX. The pop-up selfie technology is the new trend that the smartphones manufacturers are adapting to. It all started with the Vivo NEX. After Vivo, Oppo with its flagship Find X took the technology to a whole new level. Xiaomi with the Mi Mix 3 is also aiming to do the same.Earlier this week, some renders of the Mi Mix 3 were leaked flaunting the overall design of the device, both front and back panel. The renders also revealed that the Mi Mix 3 will come with a pop-up camera on the front, just as the Vivo NEX. Now the newly leaked image also reveals the same. The image doesn’t reveal any additional hardware or design details about the phone.advertisementThe image shows the silhouette of the Mi Mix 3, below which it notes “2018.9” hinting at the September launch. Xiaomi, however, is yet to reveal the launch details of the Mi Mix 3.ALSO READ: Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 to sport pop-up selfie camera like Vivo Nex, under-display fingerprint sensorAccording to previous leaks, overall, the design of the Mi Mix 3 will be a lot different from that of the Mi Mix 2. The Mi Mix 3 is tipped to come with under-display fingerprint sensor unlike the Mi Mix 2 that comes with a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor. On the back, the Mi Mix 3, as rumours suggest, will sport vertically placed dual rear camera set up just as the iPhone X. The two cameras will be separated with a LED flash in the middle. The Mi Mix 3 will come with ultra-slim bezels on all sides, suggest rumours.For now, not a lot is known about the Mi Mix 3. All we know is that the device will come with some flagship specifications like Qualcomm’s latest Snapdragon 845 processor, Android 8.1 Oreo and more.
Atlético Madrid Simao hails Griezmann as ‘one of the best scorers in the world’ amid Barcelona transfer talk Julie Yalap Last updated 1 year ago 20:58 11/18/17 FacebookTwitterRedditcopy Comments(0) Getty Images Atlético Madrid Antoine Griezmann Atlético Madrid v Real Madrid Real Madrid Primera División The 26-year-old might be in the midst of a barren scoring spell, but he retains the confidence of the former Portugal attacker Former Atletico Madrid player Simao has hailed the impact that Antoine Griezmann has had at the club.The France international striker has recently been linked with a transfer to Barcelona or Manchester United, but the former Portugal man believes that the club must do everything they can to keep hold of the 26-year-old, who has not found the net since September for Atleti.Griezmann 13/10 to score v Real Madrid Article continues below Editors’ Picks Lyon treble & England heartbreak: The full story behind Lucy Bronze’s dramatic 2019 Liverpool v Man City is now the league’s biggest rivalry and the bitterness is growing Megan Rapinoe: Born & brilliant in the U.S.A. A Liverpool legend in the making: Behind Virgil van Dijk’s remarkable rise to world’s best player “Since he arrived, we’ve seen him in a different way and he’s now considered as one of the best scorers in the world,” he told Goal. “He’s a player who’s always been important for Atletico. Here, Griezmann grew up and became more important.”“He’s a fantastic player! He’s a very technical scorer and also fast. He’s decisive and scored a lot of goals.”On the eve of the derby against Real Madrid, Simao back Atleti’s fortunes to improve after a start to the season that has seen them go unbeaten, albeit having drawn five times in 11 league outings.“Atleti are a team who will always give their best, they’re very competitive and compact, where all players defend and there are just three or four players to attack,” he said. “They have had a lot of success, Simeone’s philosophy has worked well but this season isn’t so good, but they will always give their best on the field, and that’s difficult to play against.”